Looking for the best prostate massager to spice up your love life? Or maybe you’re searching for a medical device to soothe an enlarged prostate gland?
In our opinion, prostate toys are the best sex toys for men. Choosing the RIGHT device for your personal needs, however, can be a daunting task. That’s where we come in. The road to prostate pleasure is within your reach, and our male anal vibrator reviews will help you make the right choice.
- Nexus Revo Stealth – Our favorite rechargeable prostate massager! With wireless remote control.
- Aneros Vice – A true “guybrator”. Unique vibration patterns. Easy to use.
- Aneros Helix Syn – The timeless classic from Aneros. Budget priced. Great for beginners.
- Njoy Pure Wand – The best stainless steel prostate toy available. There is no equal.
Here’s a list of ALL our reviews!
|Picture||Click to read review||Rating|
5.0 is best
|Fun Factory Duke||4||Yes|
|Njoy Pure Wand||4.9||No|
|ElectraStim Flick Duo||4.5||e-stim|
|Njoy Pure Plug 2.0 XL||4.8||No|
|Nexus Revo 2||4||Yes, with rotating head|
|Sonic Prostate Health Massager||3.7||Yes|
|Aneros Helix SYN||3.4||No|
|Nexus Revo Stealth||4.2||Yes, with rotating head|
|Orgasm Ball||3.8||sex machine|
|Jopen Ego E4||4.5||Yes|
|Njoy Fun Wand||4.5||No|
|Rocks Off Rude Boy||3.4||Yes|
|Njoy Pure Plug||4.8||No|
|Njoy Prostate Pfun Plug||4||No|
|Rocks Off Big Boy||3.2||Yes|
How to choose the best prostate massager for YOU
Here is an infographic to get you started. This should help you with your decision. After this graphic there is even more detailed buying information. Enjoy!
There are countless numbers of prostate toys on the market. Dildos for men come in all shapes, sizes, materials. Vibrating and non-vibrating. Rubber, plastic, metal and silicone. The choices are endless. They all claim to be the best. We’ll help you separate the wheat from the chaff.
3 basic types of prostate stimulators
- Vibrating – great for those who like a tool that vibrates. Increases the sensation and adds to the pleasure. Vibrating dildos are AWESOME! The Nexus Revo 2 is one of our top choices. Or, if wireless remote control is your thing, see the Nexus Revo Stealth.
- Silicone – for a softer, more flexible device. A higher level of comfort for the user.
- Plastic – harder than silicone. Not as pliable. Less comfortable. The Mangasm Edge, for example.
- Non-vibrating – the majority of toys fall into this category. Effective use of these devices require proper pressure and positioning
- Stainless steel – these are the most durable items. Medical grade stainless never degrades or falls apart. Very easy to clean. Nearly indestructible. See our review of the Njoy Pure Wand.
- Glass – these are very durable as well. We don’t suggest dropping them. But very easy to clean and maintain. Check out the Sinclair Institute Select Onyx Glass Prostate Massager.
- Silicone – devices with a softer feel. Often more comfortable for the user. See our review of the Nexus Gyro.
- Plastic – usually a hard plastic, not as comfortable as silicone. Like the Aneros Progasm.
- E-Stim – electric stimulation (E-stim) is another way to stimulate your prostate. As the name suggests, electric current is introduced to the body parts in contact with the electrode. When these currents come in contact with the sensitive parts of your body, amazing things can happen. We refer to it as electrosex 🙂 An interesting toy that we really like is the Electrastim Flick Duo.
Important considerations for a new prostate massager
Vibrating or non-vibrating
This is the first step when deciding on the best anal toy to purchase. Do you want a massager with a little buzz? Then go for a vibrating model, such as the Aneros Vice. They are sometimes referred to as a “guybrator.” These toys are a lot of fun, but consider that you’ll need to replenish with fresh batteries or recharge it at some point.
If you want a non-vibrating model, consider something like the Aneros Helix Syn. This device is anatomically correct and will hit all the right spots. No batteries to worry about…EVER.
Stimulators are made from all sorts of materials. Plastic is the most common, but silicone toys are really coming into their own. When deciding between plastic or silicone, we always recommend silicone, as it will flex and bend (but some don’t, depending on the model) as you need, for optimum pleasure and comfort. The Aneros company has a large lineup, with most of them made with silicone. Also, you can’t go wrong with them, as they have been making sex toys for a long time. They know what they’re doing.
Stainless steel is another option. It’s actually my personal favorite. As you can imagine, stainless is the ultimate in durability and longevity. It’s also extremely easy to clean and sanitize, assuming it is a polished model. These devices are generally made from medical grade stainless (like forceps and other medical instruments). Most of these are buffed to a mirror shine, such as the Njoy Prostate Pfun Plug.
Stainless is more versatile than the others. It’s great if you want to experiment with different temperatures. For the general public, it is advisable to soak the toy in a sink or pan of warm water, before use. Cold or hot steel can be very uncomfortable on your pleasure parts. Take a look at the Njoy Fun Wand.
However… some of you might enjoy a little temperature play, which is cooling or heating the device before insertion. Steel is great for this, as it will maintain the desired temperature for much longer than “conventional” tools. Sound interesting to you? Check out these awesome toys from Njoy: The Njoy Fun Wand or the Njoy Pure Plug. The Pure Plug comes in 4 different sizes. Be sure to check them ALL out!
Glass is a classic option. Not as durable as steel, but very easy to clean and sanitize. It’s also a more economical option. A little more care is required for glass. You don’t want to drop it on the floor, or chip it on something hard. It could break; or worse, a chipped toy could cut you in a place you “down there.” Not good.
This is always a top consideration when browsing sex toys for guys. Stainless steel will be the most expensive. More than silicone, plastic or glass. Glass and plastic are normally the cheapest. Silicone is used in the middle and higher priced items.
Vibrating toys are usually more expensive than non-vibrating ones. Obviously it costs a little more money to have that fancy buzzing mechanism. Rocks Off makes some very
reasonably priced vibrators, like the Rocks Off Rude Boy and Big Boy.
Whatever you choose, I always advise that you spend a little extra money and purchase a toy from a reputable manufacturer. Purchase the best you can afford. Remember, that extra cash is a small price to pay for a toy that will last much longer, feel better, and will be much safer.
Where to buy
Obviously you’re browsing online, comparing different products and prices. That’s how you got here, right?! The sheer number of websites selling sex toys is stunning; peddling every prostate massage product under the sun. Many of them reputable, some not. If you don’t want to shop online, you can probably find a local brick and mortar store near you.
If you want to buy sex toys online, I strongly recommend Amazon. Why Amazon? Their prices are almost always cheaper than other online retailers. They are a great source for discount sex toys. For reference, I encourage you to check around at some of the large, well known online dealers. 9 times out of 10, Amazon is cheaper or at the same price.
ALWAYS use a quality anal lube
We can’t have fun with our prostate toys if we don’t have lube, now can we?? Hop on over to our best anal lube page to see your options. A quality lubricant is critical for the safe and pleasurable enjoyment of your new toy. Or any other anal activities, for that matter.
3 of my personal favorites!
Jopen Ego E4
The Jopen Ego E4 is one of our top contenders for the top prostate massager. The sleek, seamless design and the rechargeable lithium ion battery are just two of its many outstanding features. Jopen makes mostly high-end sex toys, and this is no exception. It’s definitely one of the higher priced items we have reviewed, but it’s worth every penny. The saying, “you get what you pay for” certainly applies to this device.
A unique feature that we really like is the placement of the vibrating mechanism (the pleasure bullet). It’s integrated into the perineum end. This sends those wonderful vibes into the perineum, but they also travel straight into the prostate for maximum sensation and pleasure.
Njoy Pure Wand
Weighing in at 1.5 pounds, the Pure Wand is a serious prostate stimulator. Made from 100% stainless steel and polished to a mirror shine, this product is sure to please. It’ s definitely one of our top picks.
Stainless is easy to clean and sanitize. It’s great if you’re into temperature play. The balls on each end are 1 inch and 1.5 inches. This makes it a dual purpose toy, capable of pleasing a man’s P spot and woman’s G spot. A great sex toy for couples.
Sonic Prostate Health Massager
This is the Sonic Prostate Health Massager by Prostate Health Center. Jump over to our page for a full review of this top-notch item. This product is actually marketed as a medical device, but performs the same functions the rest of the items reviewed here. It stimulates the prostate gland, and does an awesome job as well. This is a portable, ultrasonic vibrating massager that stimulates the gland and the rectal muscles, through pulsating vibrations. These “pulses” go at a frequency between 9,000 and 12,000 per minute. A very fast, but gentle device. It’s thin, and easily inserted into the rectum.
If you’re looking for a stimulator that doesn’t look quite as naughty as some of the others that we review, this may be the tool for you. It’s also very discreet looking; most people wouldn’t even know what is at a glance.
How to find your prostate
In order to better understand how a prostate massager works, it’s important to know about the male G spot. The male G Spot, sometimes referred to as the “P-spot,” is the prostate gland. This gland is about the size of a walnut, and is located very near the bladder. Directly behind the bladder, to be precise. To get an idea of how deep it is, see the diagram on this page. It is roughly 2 inches (5 cm) deep, equivalent to the distance from the tip of an index finger, down to the second knuckle. Anatomically, it is in almost the same position in the male body as the g-spot in a woman’s body.
Miscellaneous prostate facts
- it normally weighs around 11 grams. Normal is considered between 7 and 16 grams.
- its function is to produce and store a milky or white fluid (semen), with a slightly alkaline pH. This fluid makes up about a third of a man’s ejaculatory fluid
- sperm flows through the prostate gland, and mixes with the semen, prior to ejaculation
However, there is ALSO a tremendous amount of sexual potential in this little gland. When massaged properly, one can induce an orgasm similar to a G spot orgasm for a woman. Massaging him in this way can make him feel euphoric, both emotionally and physically. Some men say they PREFER prostate orgasms over a traditional one, and I am one of these men. It is a mind blowing experience! With a bit of practice, this massage will elevate his orgasm to an entirely new level. This “fun spot” is one of the most neglected treasures of a man’s body.
The most effective way to to perform a prostate massage is with a finger, anal vibrator or similar item inserted into the rectum. This can be done solo (by yourself) or with a partner. It is easier to do if you have a willing partner.
A lot of men are uncomfortable with having an object inserted into their bum. Some guys feel this makes them less manly. I STRONGLY disagree with all the doubters. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man pleasuring himself with anal play. It’s his body and he can do whatever he wants with it.
For all you guys out there with an open mind, this erotic stimulation will absolutely rock your world. Plain and simple. As I always say: “don’t knock it ’til you try it!”
The benefits of prostate massage are many. These are both medicinal and sexual. This site focuses primarily on the sexual aspect.
As we said earlier, the pleasure experience can reach spectacular levels. For sexual partners and lovers, the act of massaging a man’s prostate can be a very personal and enlightening experience. Allowing someone else to perform this task takes a certain amount of trust and respect. These can be truly bonding experiences for couples. It is a win-win for both persons. The physical pleasure felt by the “receiver” is totally awesome. The sexual empowerment experienced by the “giver” is truly phenomenal. This emotional and physical intimacy really creates an environment of trust and respect.
How to massage your prostate
Prostate massage isn’t as difficult as you might think. Let’s dispel some myths and give you the straight facts to make your experience even better.
Some males can achieve orgasm through prostate stimulation alone. This is quite extraordinary, even though it isn’t common knowledge. What guy wouldn’t want to heighten their sexual experience? Perhaps anal stimulation is out of the realm of possibility for some men. That is understandable, but one shouldn’t knock it until they try it!
A prostate massage can be performed on one’s self, or with a willing partner. Men can stimulate their prostate gland during masturbation, with penetrative anal devices. Even a proper amount of pressure on the perineum in the area of the prostate can heighten the sexual response. In other words, whether going solo or with a partner, those orgasms can be amplified significantly!
Here’s what we are covering in this section:
- Internal prostate massage
- External prostate massage
- Prostate orgasm
Internal prostate massage
How to massage the prostate yourself
All you need is a free hand or a prostate massager. Here we go:
- Make sure your bowel is empty, or at least use the restroom before you start. This can prevent messy mishaps.
- Get into a relaxed state of mind. Listen to some music. Mediate. Whatever it takes to calm down. This makes the whole process easier. Don’t rush.
- Apply a generous amount of anal lubrication (preferably water based) in and around the rectum. This is a very important step, which will prevent pain or discomfort. See our guide to buying an anal lubricant.
- Get into a comfortable position. The easiest way to reach the prostate is while squatting or bending over. The gland will be pressed against the rectal wall in these positions, making it easier to reach.
- Insert a finger or your favorite prostate massager. It may be easier to use a massager, as this increases mobility and provides some leverage. Go slow. Work your way in gently. Your sphincter muscles will relax soon. You may experience a feeling of “fullness”. This is perfectly normal.
- When you reach the prostate, do not poke or prod it. The prostate feels a bit more firm than the surrounding area. You will know when you hit the spot.
- When you are ready, use gentle circular or side to side motions when performing the massage. This prevents injury to the gland and to the surrounding rectal tissue.
- Keep going with a pressure and pace that feels right. If you experience any pain or discomfort, STOP! If it feels good, keep going!
How to do it with a partner
The basics are still the same as the solo method, shown above. You may find that prostate stimulation with a partner is much more pleasing. A gentle partner will be able to hit all the right spots much easier than you. They can get into the rectum at the perfect angle, so all you have to think about are those mind blowing orgasms.
Remember that communication is KEY. Your partner must be able to listen and follow your directions on what feels good and what doesn’t. The two of you should determine a “safe word” or a special signal to stop beforehand. This safe word can be used when things aren’t feeling right, or if you want things to stop. FULL STOP. Any pain or serious discomfort means that you are potentially damaging your goods down there. We don’t want that now, do we?
External prostate massage
Here’s the other, less intrusive way to enjoy this erotic pleasure!
Essentially, it is massaging the prostate without inserting fingers or other devices into the rectum. With this technique, the perineum is the most important area of focus. Women and men have a perineum, but since we are talking prostate stimulation, we are focusing on the male.
The perineum is the area of skin between the base of the scrotum and the anus. It is easy to identify as there is a “ridge” of skin that is easily felt with one’s fingers. This is the area to focus on. The prostate gland is located just above it.
External massage has positives and negatives when compared to internal massage.
- It’s less messy. Oils and lubes are not required.
- No messy fecal matter to deal with
- For guys uncomfortable with anal penetration, this is a viable alternative
- It’s not as intense as direct, anal stimulation. There’s more distance between the outside and the prostate, so it’s more difficult to apply the proper amount of pressure.
- After experiencing stimulation via penetration, the external technique may not be worth the effort
How to do it
Use your fingers!
Use three fingers: index, middle and ring. You can do this with or without lube or oil. I recommend using an organic oil, such as sesame, coconut or grape seed oil. These lubricate very well and prevent any irritation from friction.
Place the fingers, held closely together, on the perineum. Using firm but gentle pressure, feel around until you find the right spot. I find it is best to do this in “sets.” Similar to a set that a weightlifter would do. One set could be massaging the area slowly but firmly 5 times in a clockwise motion. The do a counterclockwise set. Repeat this as many times, with as many repetitions as you see fit. Do what feels right. If you feel discomfort, stop, and try again later.
As an added bonus, you can squeeze the buttocks while doing the massage. This will help to strengthen the pelvic muscles and can add a bit of extra “oomph” to your session.
For maximum benefit, take it one step further
When approaching orgasm via masturbation or intercourse, apply this same technique. Your partner can even do the massage for you, if you choose. When reaching climax, massage your perineum with a firm but gentle circular motion. It’s best to start doing this about 30 seconds before you cum. Continue until ejaculation.
This technique will add a significant boost to your orgasm and can literally leave you feeling drained, but extremely satisfied. The climax will be more intense, and will have a longer duration. Again, apply only as much pressure as is necessary. Too much and it could leave your crotch feeling sore.
A video for choosing a prostate massager: a guide for beginners
Here is a great YouTube video explaining the basics of what to look for in a new butt toy.